Maldives is probably not usually associated with "affordable" or "budget". I used to have the same thoughts, but have changed my mind after spending one week visiting the country independently last month. I never planned to visit, as there are so many other places that I haven't been to. But I live in Asia and cheap airfares from somewhere in Asia to Maldives are not hard to come by. I scored a deal one day and just like that the trip happened.
I haven't been to that many beautiful beaches around the world, but Maldives is by and large the most stunning. The best part is you don't need to have a big budget to have an enjoyable experience, like the media always portrays the country. I'm still in the process of writing about my experience, but I want to share with you what I have finished, advice and tips on how to visit independently and of course loads of photos. Here it is:
I hope it's helpful for those who are about to visit Maldives. I'm positively certain you will enjoy yourself in this beautiful Indian Ocean nation
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 2 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 3 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 9 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 Miyajima Island
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Vientiane to LP December
- 17 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 18 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 19 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 20 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 21 5 days in Singapore
- 22 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 23 Shanghai in January
- 24 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 25 Myanmar tour companies
Some practical tips if you're going to visit Maldives independently