Luggage Storage in Airport New Delhi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be finishing up a 3 week tour of N. India and returning to New Delhi at the end of the tour. Have decided to go on to Bhutan on our own and are wondering if anyone knows if there are luggage storage facilities at the airport. We would like to pack much less to go on to Bhutan and would like to leave some things at the airport.
Thanks, Bob
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM

If you are a US passport holder (and possibly other countries too) you should check into restrictions on leaving India and then trying to re-enter within 2 months. See http://www.fodors.com/community/asia...xit-update.cfm for starters.

Last I knew, you could not store luggage at the airport in New Delhi.
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM

New Delhi airport does not currently offer baggage storage, see http://www.newdelhiairport.in/airport-facilitie.aspx. Although the new terminals just opened a few weeks ago, and new facilities are being added all the time, I don't think this will be added in the future given security concerns.

It may be possible to store bags at your hotel if you are returning to New Delhi at the end of the Bhutan trip. You may also be able to store luggage at the Paro airport. Assuming you are flying Druk Air, you might check with them.
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Jaya....thanks so much for your heads up regarding reentry into India following our trip to Bhutan. I did go to the comments you mentioned and have a much better idea of the
issues involved. We are not going until Nov 2011 so hope to have it resolved by then.
Bob
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Given the ongoing security concerns in India, plan that the re-entry restriction will not change! India still has laws that are 100+ years old on the books from Colonial British rule.