Hi Japan experts,
I made last minute plans to Japan for the cherry blossom season in early April and would be based out of Osaka due to limited hotels in the high season.
I would be making trips to: Nara, Kyoto (maybe multiple day trips), Kinosaki Onsen (overnight) and Yoshino mountain.
Frankly, I'm quite confused with all the different rail lines (JR, limited express, rapid express). My question is, given my day-tripping itinerary, would the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass be a good buy? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html
With the pass, does this mean I could just walk onto the trains that I want without prior reservations?
Could anyone point me to an English site that I could check JR train schedules for my itinerary?
Thank you, I appreciate any input you could give me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 9 days in Japan in April
- 2 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 3 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 4 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 5 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 6 6 Days in Thailand
- 7 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 8 12 days in Cambodia January
- 9 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 10 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 11 Internet in SE Asia
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 Wat Arun
- 14 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 15 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 16 Question re. fees at BOM
- 17 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 18 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 19 Spa Bangkok
- 20 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 21 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 22 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 23 need your help with japan itinerary
- 24 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 25 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
Hi Japan experts,