In the midst of planning our Japan trip (first visit) in October and have a question about the Hakone area and the pass that lets you do the loop of the area via cable car / boat etc.
I am mostly wanting to go there in the hope of seeing Mt Fuji.
We have the time that we could stay overnight, which I'd prefer over a potentially rushed day trip from Tokyo.
My question is- is this area scenic / pretty and does it make an enjoyable trip? Is it worth 2 days of a 13 day itinerary? I have read the 5 Lakes area is also nice but perhaps not as accessible for tourists.
Also, Takayama looks like an interesting place to visit but would need to be at least overnight - can anyone offer advice as to whether this is a good spot?
We enjoy history, photography and short hikes (up to about 4 hours).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yahoo Email ! Yahoo Passwords Reset Contact $ 1844~3O7 279O
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 5 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 6 Question re. fees at BOM
- 7 Spa Bangkok
- 8 Internet in SE Asia
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 11 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 12 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 13 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 14 need your help with japan itinerary
- 15 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 16 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 17 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 18 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 19 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai