Kuala Lumpur - travel from airport to city

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Can someone tell me how to get to the La Comme Inn which is in the city centre from the airport and what the cheapest cost is. Any other advice on travelling to Malaysia will be welcome as I am travelling for the first time in this area. I will be also visiting Thailand and Singapore. Date of travel July 2012
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM

There is a quick and efficient train service to the center of the city. Fom there you can take a taxi. Sorry, I don't remember how much the train is, but I'm sure you can google it.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response - do you know if trains are 24hrs and is it safe to travel alone at nightime with luggage on trains.
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM

Here is the website for the train service: www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/default.aspx

It appears it does run 24 hours, just slightly less often during off-peak hours.

The train is quite safe. It just runs between KLIA and downtown, it is not part of a longer route.
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:15 AM

From KLIA, you can take the ERL train to KL Central and from there you take the KTM Komuter to Bukit Bintang.
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 06:35 PM

Hi, re: comment above on using KTM Komuter to Bukit Bintang, this is incorrect. Only the monorail runs from KL Sentral station (where the airport train terminates) to the general Bukit Bintang area. However, if you have bags to carry I would suggest you to take a taxi from KL Sentral direct to your hotel. Also the monorail station may be difficult to get to, no direct walking route due to construction in the area.

The taxi fare is controlled, and you have to pre-purchase the coupon from a counter at KL Sentral (near the train exit) and take one of their taxis. From memory this would only be around RM20 to your destination, and you won't be ripped off. No need to tip the driver or pay any extra.

Enjoy your trip and report back!
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM

Train fare from KLIA to downtown and back is RM35 each way, credit card ticket machine and counter purchases available. If you are in a hurry, you can also get onto the train from KLIA without a ticket and purchase on arrival.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 01:19 AM

One important note: You didn't say which terminal you're arriving at. The KLIA Express only goes to the main terminal. If you're arriving at the LCCT (budget airlines) then you have the option of either a bus/train combination or a bus-only option. The bus/train will take you from the LCCT to a station on the KLIA Transit line, from which you board the train to KL Sentral. This train will stop at 3 or 4 places on the way. As I recall, the bus/train is around RM 12 each way. Bus-only will take you from the LCCT to Sentral for around 8 Ringgit. As others have said, if you have luggage, it's best to take a taxi from Sentral to your hotel.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:11 PM

If theres two of you and your at KLIA rather than take the train for 35 Ringett each you can take a taxi straight to your hotel for around 70 Ringett.
If your at the LCCT Airasia terminal you can take a coach to Sentral station for 8-9 Ringett, takes about an hour then catch a taxi or monorail to your hotel.