I can't believe I am leaving...by Casey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My beautiful wife left me for Chiang Mai last night and I am now in Bangkok airport. The places I have gone, the things that I've seen, the food that I have tasted, and the people that I have met all flood into me as a wave crashing upon the shore and at the same time they waft over me as a gentle cooling breeze.

I cannot help but smile as I think of Tong saving me one last time by calling me at my hotel with Seargent Kai's phone number for my wife, and I cannot help but have tears well up as I remember my Tina calling me and pleading for me to stay and come to Chiang Mai with her. With so much to do at home I regretfully cannot. This time apart will be difficult but I know that she is a free spirit and that her adventure with her friend will be good for her.

I smile as I remember clicking on that little "F" icon in the travel section of the bundled software that came with our computer. As children in the wilderness we came upon a welcoming family that clothed, fed and cared for us and I am grateful to you all. Words simply cannot convey my gratitude...

Thank you,

Casey Lloyd
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Bon Voyage, have a great flight, a bientot !
Now you know why people like me would never live anywhere else!

I hope Tina's going to lay off the massages for a while!
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 03:18 PM

I'm delighted you had a great time (despite the disasters). I'm sure you can see why so many of us are adicted to travel to SE Asia. I'm glad those of us on Fodors could help you plan your wonderful trip.

Have a safe flight!
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM

Lloyd-delighted that you had a great time in Thailand. It sounds as if you too have been captivated. I'm sure SK will assist Tina in her explorations.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 04:11 PM

now your next adventure needs to be to attend the fodors GTG in cambridge, MA on oct 7...you are not that far away and you could make it a day in boston or a nice weekend...let us know..

bob

[email protected]
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 10:49 PM

hello - it sounds like you have had a wonderful holiday

I hope you have a good journey home and look forward to hearing more about your travels.

JamesA - Tina is going to be Thai massage school to learn how to give thai massage, from memory!
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:19 AM

yea, but don't they practice on each other in schools like that??? YIKES!!
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 10:41 AM

v good point bob!
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

I am home and exhausted. Tina says that her neck/back isn't getting better. The doctors keep on sayinmg that it's muscular but she thinks she has a problem with a disc. She is planning on coming back early and is currently negotiating with United. The IRS sent me a letter. I failed to declare stock transactions in a year where I lost money. They only got the proceeds part and not the purchases. I won't owe taxes but they are more than likelt to hit me with inaccuracy penalties...how exactly do I go about becoming an ex-pat?

Will pass out soon and try to write tommorrow.

Casey