I am planning to visit Tanzania in July 2010 with my own 4x4. I will only be camping and have all the necessary equipment and driving skills to do this. I do, however, know very little about Tanzania and specifically Serengeti, where I plan to go.
Can anyone answer some of these questions, please!? I have numbered them to make it easier to answer spesific questions:
1) Please clear up the cost issue: How much would it cost two adults in one vehicle to spend 7 days in Serengeti, camping at a public campsite? I am espesially unsure about the vehicle rate - is it per 24/period or once off?
2) Can I pay in cash once I arrive at Serengeti (USD)? If not, how do I pay?
3) Is it necessary to pre-book public campsites for July? What about special campsites?
4) It is compulsory to take a ranger/guide with you into the park?
5) If you could recommend three public/special campsites in Serengeti, which would it be, and why?
I would appreciate any additional information on a self-drive camping trip to Serengeti very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 2 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum