This is my first post on this forum. I have lurked here for a year soaking up information on Africa in order to plan our 2 week trip to Rwanda and Tanzania. A BIG thank you to all! So, I figured I needed to come back and post a report to benefit others who may be planning similar trips.
We were in Rwanda from 19 - 23 January and in Tanzania from 23 January to 1 February.
Our trip report and photos can be found on smugmug at
There are 4 albums for each of our 4 days in Rwanda. Hope you enjoy!
As for R&N Xplorer, they worked out very well for us. Nyagah (the owner) was usually very responsive. There was a period after we had confirmed our booking when he was not as responsive, but after I politely let him know that and insisting on better communication, he got back to replying within 1 - 3 business days. I usually plan all our trips independently and am not used to handing over control to someone else. So, I made sure that Nyagah faxed us copies of the gorilla permits. Nyagah also booked our Rwanda AIr JRO to KGL flight tickets and sent us the e-tickets.
Mercator Assistance is R&N Xplorer's partner and ground operator in Rwanda. Once we reached Kigali, everything was smooth and there were no glitches. Abdul, our driver, was fantastic. We would definitely recommend R&N.
We are still working on our Tanzania pictures and commentary. It will take us another 2 weeks at least to get them done.
If there are any questions, I will try my best to respond as soon as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTYAHOO Techh care
- 2 KODAK PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACTKODAK Techh care
- 3 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 4 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 5 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 6 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 7 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 8 electric devices
- 9 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 10 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 11 Victoria Falls
- 12 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 13 sahara desert
- 14 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 15 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 16 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 17 Private driver in Morocco
- 18 Private tours in Morocco
- 19 Morocco Expert Tours
- 20 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 21 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 22 Kilimanjaro
- 23 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 24 Zanzibar Anyone?
- 25 help me to visit Morocco
Rwanda January 2009 trip report (using R&N Xplorer)