I'm planning a safari trip for my family, boyfriend, and I for next summer. I've put together my initial itinerary and was hoping I could get some feedback from others who've been on safari. Our main goals are to see the big 5, Victoria Falls, and the wildebeest migration.
A little bit about us: We're traveling with 5 adults and one 16 year old. My mom isn't too adventurous, so things like white water rafting aren't her style. My brother, boyfriend, and I are thinking about going a few days early and going cage diving out of Cape Town and then flying to Johannesburg.
8/11 - Leave US
8/12 - Arrive in Cape Town
8/13 - Cage Diving in Cape Town
8/14 - Fly to Skukuza Airport > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/15 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/16 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/17 - Leave Sabi Sands and fly up to Victoria Falls area > Do we need to spend a night in Johannesburg or can we fly directly up to Victoria Falls?
8/18 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/19 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/20 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/21 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites?
8/22 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites? > Maybe go white water rafting?
8/23 - Leave Victoria Falls area and fly up to Nairobi > Again, do we need to spend a night here or can we fly directly up to Nairobi?
8/24 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/25 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/26 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/27 - Fly home
Thoughts? Too much/little time at any one place? Any must-do activities? Any feedback would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 NFL Football Game
- 2 Safari is set!
- 3 Car Rental in Morocco
- 4 Leishmaniasis Common? - Marrakech?
- 5 Frights to Iran from Bishkek or Tashkent
- 6 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 7 Tanzania and Kenya Trip 2018 - advise needed
- 8 Safety in Johannesburg
- 9 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 10 South Africa: WESTERN CAPE in spring: Need HELP getting addicted!
- 11 Qatar to Iran
- 12 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 13 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 14 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 15 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 16 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 17 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 18 electric devices
- 19 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 20 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 21 Victoria Falls
- 22 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 23 sahara desert
- 24 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 25 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara