We are planning a trip to Rwanda in August, 2014 after two weeks on safari in Kenya. We are thinking of perhaps another week or 10 days. Our daughter will be working in Kigali for the summer, so we will definitely want to visit her in the city. However, we would appreciate thoughts on other destinations in Rwanda. We know that gorilla sightings are a major draw, but after checking into pricing, we don't think we can manage that after the expense of the safari. We would also appreciate general advice about traveling in Rwanda; i.e. safety, etc. Is it better to hire drivers and guides? Go by tour? Generally not our first choice - but we recognize that in some locales it's the best way to travel. Alternatively, we could spend 4-5 days in Rwanda, and then perhaps 4-5 days in Uganda? All advice is appreciated. We are a couple in our late 50s, but in good physical shape, so interested in hiking and other active pursuits.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/essential-trim-gc-reviews/
- 2 Safety in Johannesburg
- 3 Tanzania and Kenya Trip 2018 - advise needed
- 4 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 5 South Africa: WESTERN CAPE in spring: Need HELP getting addicted!
- 6 Qatar to Iran
- 7 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 8 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 9 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 10 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 11 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 12 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 13 electric devices
- 14 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 15 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 16 Victoria Falls
- 17 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 18 sahara desert
- 19 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 20 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 21 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 22 Private driver in Morocco
- 23 Private tours in Morocco
- 24 Morocco Expert Tours
- 25 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018