Egypt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 02:27 PM
bill & joann

Egypt

We Would really like to go to Egypt in Sept. <BR>for two weeks, but are worried about out safety. If anyone from the U.S. has been there recently, did you have any kind of problem. Has anyone been on an Egyptian tour with Trafalgar or Globus tours. How did you like it. How is the weather in Sept. We would really appreciate your reply.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 07:13 PM
Rosemary

Bill & Joann - the weather in early June is hotter than you can imagine - but then I don't like hot weather anyway, and I think August and September would be the same. Check out the weather sites on the net. Egypt is wonderful and awesome, but many people get sick from the heat and then it's not to wonderful. <BR> <BR>We're going in March, and the only thing I'm worried about is the wind storms that blow the sand around. <BR> <BR>You probably know this already, but it's a good idea to always use bottled water, and don't eat any fresh food you can't peel. They say the up-scale hotels and Nile cruise boats have their own water purification systems, but I still don't want to spoil my trip because I can't resist a salad. <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful trip, whenever you choose to go. <BR> <BR>Rosemary

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Helen

We just got home Friday from Egypt. We had armed guards the entire trip on our bus and when we sailed the Nile. But I never felt unsafe. We were told the guards were a precautionary measure because of some trouble tourists had a couple years ago. <BR> <BR>If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 04:21 AM
Ron

Hi Bill & Joann <BR>I have just returned from a short visit to Cairo and never at anytime felt my personal safety was at risk. I hired Viking Travel to guide me throughout my short stay and found them to be excellent and very reasonable. My guide was knowledgeable, articulate and punctual. I feel I got great value for my money. They are on the web at www.vikingegypt.com. <BR>Good luck. Ron

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 02:39 PM
Kam

Visited Egypt September 99. Weather was only around 90 degrees, not too bad. We stayed in Cairo for 3 days & never felt unsafe. Trip of a lifetime! <BR>Go & Enjoy