Search

Journaling

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Journaling

For those of you who enjoy journaling your experiences, I wanted to post this web site:

http://www.roguejournals.com/pocketjournals.html

I was looking for a small-type journal that didn't weigh a lot when I came across the Rogue Journal site. As soon as I saw the pocket journal, I knew it was what I wanted to bring to Tanzania with me (Besides, it reminds me of something Indiana Jones would write in ;-)). I got it in the mail today and I am very pleased. I like the paper (homemade or like homemade I'd say) and it's about 7 ounces.

All the journals I had were too big and I just couldn't find anything I liked in Barnes and Noble that I liked. This fits the bill perfectly!

Carrie

P.S. No, I don't work for Rogue Journals in any way, shape or form - just wanted to pass on my thoughts on a great little journal.
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Sorry - didn't mean to repeat myself with the "liked" comments I must be tired...or I've got Tanzania on my mind and I'm not paying attention to my typing!
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Very cool! I've used Mark Nolting's "African Safari Journal" on each of my safaris. I think it's really important to keep a record of your journey, your thoughts and impressions, the people you meet, and the experiences you have.
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

ShayTay,

I just went to Amazon and looked at the journal you said you bring. Very nice! I like how it has space to write all your trip details. I'll have to get that together myself since mine is blank.

Yes, it might be the English major in me coming out, but I think keeping a record is very important. Plus, I'm into scrap booking and I need to have all the details down for scrap book making.
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 05:35 AM

I agree, if you don't write it down while you are there, details will escape you once you come back.
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 07:01 AM

Yes, Atravelynn, I'm sure that's how you were able to write such a great trip report about your first safari years later. I really enjoyed that and it prompted me to go back and re-read my first journal. On our first day out in the Kenyan countryside, driving to Amboseli, the guide was pointing out wildlife off in the distance. "Those would be zebras... Those would be impala." etc., etc. At one point, one of my friends saw a herd of multi-colored animals off in the distance. "Oooh, what are those?!", she asked. The guide replied, "Those would be cows!"