Reload this Page >

ADVENTURE CENTER, EMERYVILLE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 07:11 AM
KURT

I AM CONSIDERING TO TAKE A TRIP WITH ADVENTURE CENTER, FROM EMERYVILLE, CA, AND WOULD APRECIATE TO GET ANY FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ABOUT THEIR TRIPS. <BR>THANKS AND BEST REGARDS <BR>KURT

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 02:27 PM
Scott

I'm leaving on a safarai Sept. 14 through Adventure Center. My contacts with them have been positive and very helpful. Their main office is in London and most of their clients come from Europe; they told me I'd probably be the only American in the group. To me that makes the trip even more interesting. I have no qualms booking my trip through them. Can't beat the price.

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 03:16 AM
Lois Gordon

Have not yet gone on my Egypt tour with them but my impressions are very NEGATIVE (that is once they had my money). Representative refused to give me the meetup location unless I first signed an extremely onereous Release and waiver of liability (which purported to information on insurance--until the rest of the page was read). Explore claims that hotels are selected for local character and close location, but hotel in Cairo (only hotel I presently know, still waiting for list of rest) is King Hotel, which is "on wrong side of Nile", described in Thorn Tree as in a dreary and unimaginative neighborhood and "used by tour groups". <BR>Note you should add in the extra required "local payment"($50-$150) which is just part of the tour price (and does not appear to be a kitty for extra expenses), the cost is substantially increased. <BR> <BR>Also note that the prices listed on their Net Site fails to include this "local payment" and in many cases <BR>is substantially ($150-200) lower than the non-local payment price. <BR>

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 05:50 PM
Martha

I've been on 3 Explore tours (2 in Egypt and 1 India) and am going on 2 more this summer (Turkey, Syria/Jordan). Most of the travellers are British and so it's a great way to meet interesting people. You get to see and do some off-beat kinds of things on their trips. Obviously since I'm going with them again I think it's worth it!

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 08:41 AM
Vita

Any other comments about Adventure Center tours?

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 11:56 AM
kurt

I TOOK A TRIP WITH THEM IN VENEZUELA. EVERYTHING WAS OK. I YEAR AGO I TOOK A TRIP WITH GUERBA TROUGH AFRICA AND IT RESULTED EXCELLENT