Search

Internet Access in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Jan

Internet Access in Dubai

Anyone have experience with Internet Service Providers in Dubai? Relatives are moving, and we're trying to figure out what they'll be using and what problems they may experience. Any recommendations/insight? Thanks

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:44 PM
sarah rey

Dubai is one of the most advanced cities on the plant. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 12:05 AM
Jan

I'd love a little more specific information, since my brother-in-law is being told by his EMPLOYER IN Dubai that they have very erratic internet service: e-mails aren't received or sent in timely manner, etc. So if anyone has more details about this issue or choices of ISPs, I'd be grateful. This will be a big issue for online banking during the transition.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 01:24 AM
Anon

My company, including the huge section in Dubai, use yahoo, with no problem.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:48 PM
Jan

Yahoo! in the States is not an internet service provider (ISP). Does Yahoo! function as an ISP in Dubai? I mean do you actually dial a phone number to connect to Yahoo! servers in order to access the internet?

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:57 PM
Anon

I apologise. You're right.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:04 PM
Lisa

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/Africa/Morocco/Marrakesh.asp<BR><BR>This was a site i found on Fodors. I just came back from a week in Marakesh. IT WAS AMAZING! We opted for a hotel... I was with my Mom... we were chicken! Bring your sense of adventure and lots of film! The site I listed has photos. I never called, but it's worth a shot!

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 03:12 AM
Michelle

I asked a friend who works in Dubai.<BR><BR>The telephone company provide internet access in Dubai. The service provider is<BR><BR>Etisalat<BR><BR>once you subscribe they give you (or you arrange) a personal password and you then get a emiiates.net e-mail address.<BR><BR>Does that help?<BR><BR><BR><BR>