Reload this Page >

Travellers Cheques/ATMs in Dubai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Sarah

I am going to Dubai on the 24th May 2001 and was wondering what would be the best way to take my spending money. Are travellers cheques acceptable in most places and if so would it be better to get them in dollars or UK sterling? Also are cash machines/ATM's plentiful if I needed to take out some more money?? <BR> <BR>Any other tips about travelling in Dubai would be welcomed. <BR> <BR>Sarah

Old May 2nd, 2001, 12:38 AM
Joelle

There are many ATM's available, also in the airport and hotels lounges. <BR>Travellers cheques are also welcome.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 08:51 PM
desertranger

You'll definitely enjoy your trip to Dubai. There are many things to see and do. Be sure to visit the Gold Souq and Carpet Oasis(haggling is a must), take a 4wd desert tour, check out the Heritage Village, visit Jumeriah Beach and see the amazing Burj Al Arab, the world's only 7 star hotel. One word of caution, the weather is quite hot now (42-44C), so you'll find it rough going if you try to walk around alot. Always take lots of water with you if you go outside. Given the heat, you'll probably want to chill out around the hotel beach or pool most of the time. A refreshing time can also be had at the Wild Wadi Water Park beside the Jumeriah Beach Hotel, but don't go on Friday as it will be very crowded.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 12:31 AM
Ursula

To the top for Mike

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Ursula

ttt for b! Here you are.