Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2014, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an exceptionally long layover in Doha on a flight from JFK to Kathmandu, eleven hours to be precise. I will be arriving at about 5:30 on an evening in early November, and I expect I will be reasonably well rested after a long flight which leaves JFK around 9:30 PM. Therefore, I won't be searching out a place to catch a quick nap, at least not for the first four or five hours of my layover. Has anyone on the forum had the experience of obtaining a visa and going into Doha City for several hours? Is it a worthwhile thing to do, given that I would probably be there from 6:30 until 11:30, all evening hours? Any tips on what to do for that slice of the evening in Doha? Alternately, is there enough to keep oneself busy at the new airport? Any suggestions and observations are welcome.
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do not have a connection for more then 8 hours, Qatar Airways is meant to provide you with accommodation, I would call the Qatar Airways office in New York, and enquire with them. Loads of information can also be found at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...lege-club-644/