Search

Tour groups to Egypt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Lisa

Tour groups to Egypt

Hi, I am planning a 2002 trip to Egypt and prefer a smaller tour group that's more personalized. Please share any feedback concerning these tour companies: GoAhead, TravelLearn, MaupinTour and Trifalger. Other suggestions about other tour companies are welcome, too. Thanks!!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:07 PM
LEANNA

I did Egypt/Maupintour last April/May and it was a perfect tour!!! We only had 13 of us...and we became a family! You pay for everything up front...hotels were amazing and most meals we ordered what we wanted from the menu. Heba was our guide and she was amazing. I"ve traveled a lot and never been cared for like that! Check em out. I think they are the only co. that truly spends time in Alexandria....and you must see that city!! Its a great trip!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:45 PM
Jayne

Good for you going to Egypt... <BR> <BR>I actually have decided to go with an alternative tour to Egypt called All One World http://www.1worldtours.com/ <BR> <BR>I too was very impressed with MaupinTour - they were my second choice... The reason I chose the smaller outfit was I was told that often MaupinTours have an older crowd. Not that it would have been a problem, but I do have I guess a spiritual/mystical interest in Egypt and wanted to explore that too.. <BR> <BR>Anyhow, I'm leaving in October and I will you a review when I get back... <BR> <BR>I have been waiting to go to Egypt for over 10 years - I'm really excited..

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 06:50 PM
LEANNA

Sounds like you are all set! I dont quite know what it is about Egypt..the air?? perhaps! But it is hypnotic and romantic yet slightly dangerous in a romantic way....not talking about men romance....but the feeling of the place. Just sitting on the balcony on my boat watching the sun set...was true joy! Do report back.....it will be fun to read what you experienced!

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Lisa

Leanna and Jayne, thanks for the feedback! I am still in the midst of research on which tour group to choose. Your comments will help narrow the field. I can't wait to go to Egypt. Thanks!

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:00 PM
partha

we just came back from a trip in Egypt. <BR>(aug2001). i would suggest contacting MISR travel in Egypt directly. they do complete and customized programs for international travellers. <BR> <BR>every part of the trip that they organized was fantastic and exactly as billed. <BR> <BR>[email protected]