Search

Good or Bad on Egypt Air

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Anita

Good or Bad on Egypt Air

Has anyone flown on Egypt Air? If so, how was the service and the flight. I have to decide between Egypt Air and TWA. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Charlie

Anita we flew Egypt Air last Sept. round trip to Cairo from JFK and had no problems.I noticed nothing any different than any other air line.The food and service were typical coach class and the flights were close to on time.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 05:36 AM
Patricia

My friend and I flew Egypt Air to Cairo from New York in November (round trip). We found them to be very reliable. We had a comfortable flight, only half full, both going and coming home. Got there on time. Got home, if anything, earlier than expected. Plenty of leg room. We were able to lay down in the middle row and sleep on four seats because there were so few passengers. The food was NOT great, but you're going all night and if you have to wait for a decent meal 'til you get to your destination, so what! So, we had no complaints. If you like kung-fu movies and "Big Mamma's House" this is the airline for you!

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:03 AM
gail

Just returned from 10 days in Egypt, including 6 flights on Egypt Air - roundtrip on the same flight JFK-Cairo you are considering plus 4 internal flights. Planes were newer than most US carriers, seats seemed more roomy, the food was gross, but no worse than home. A few nice touches - eye shields for flight, no charge for headphones and free travel socks on trip home to keep feet warm during flight. The TWA flight leaves about same time - pick by price or some other small preference you have, but Egypt Air is fine.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:47 PM
buck

If you don't can for wine or a beer with your meal then Egypt Air is for you. IMPO, I try to stay away from those third world (developing nations) I am told to call them now, carriers. You never what what there agenda might be or the people who fly on them. I know it stereo typing but lets face the facts of what happened to that Egypt Air that went down. Read the report by the faa. They will give you two small bottles of wine when you get on at JFK or Newark at the gate but coming back nothing. This is just my personal opinion and am not trying to offend anyone but facts are facts. TWA would be the best choice. Buck