Search

Istanbul for Romance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 1998, 04:13 AM
Debbi

Istanbul for Romance

We are getting away from our kids for 4 days to Istanbul in April. Suggest bed & breakfasts or hotels up to $100/night? Clean, bathroom, and pool.What will the weather be like? Also, any other info. to help create the perfect romantic holiday!

Old Feb 11th, 1998, 11:37 AM
Paula Smith

Istanbul has many places to stay that fit your budget. I like the Pera Palace near the American Consulate - it was where Kemal Attaturk (President of Turkey and Agatha Christie, the mystery writer stayed. It is older and has an old fashioned open grate elevator. I would suggest a city tour to get oriented - this can be arranged through the hotel.
Then I would try to take a cruise on the Bosporus. There is plenty to see in Istanbul - the Topkapi
palace and its harem is always interesting.

Old Feb 15th, 1998, 07:41 PM
Gene Kasprzyk

I don't know about Istanbul for romance but if you like exotic you'll be fine. Don't miss the Grand Bazaar. Take lotsa money and practice your bargaining before you go. Of course you will want to see Aya Sofya and the Blue Mosque. Nice club on top of the Hilton.

Old Mar 2nd, 1998, 02:51 PM
Bert Pearlman

Is a tour advisable for a first timer to Turkey? Without booking a tour, how might I find decent but affordable hotel accomodations? I have limited time (ten days) and am interested in finding sites to photograph so I'd also really appreciate recommendations of cities and places. Thanks.

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 10:01 AM
Ilgihan

Hi,
I am a Prof.tourist guide in my whole country but not for english language.For that reason my english is very bad.But i can recommend some hotels,restaurants and places to visit.First of all i highly recommend Çiragan palace hotel near the bosphorus strait.If you like the fish dishes with our appetizeres 'iskele rest.'in rumelihisari.It's a little bit far from the city but it worths.prices are between 25-50 usd per person with drinks.the second place for a typical turkish dinner 'armada hotel'in oldpart of the city.ı recommend also for accomodation(it is cheaper than çiragan hotel).for a lunch 'pandeli rest.' in the spice bazar.One of places to visit is 'Dolmabahçe palace'.If you have any question you can send me a mail.

Ilgihan ÜNAL