"Roccco" and "Scared to death" in Cape Town

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have just spent a fabulous day with "Roccco" and his wife "Scared to death" in Cape Town. Much fun was had by all. We started at 09h00 and ended at 21h30 and I reckon we could gone on for another 12 hours. Great day, wonderful couple and terrific experience to meet real live Fodorites in my city.

Tomorrow Roccco and wife travel to the Cape Winelands (Lanzerac Hotel) and thereafter they move on to Vuyatela. Expect a huge trip report because these two have lots and lots to tell.

If you have been waiting to see what Roccco looks like then please go to www.fodorites.cjb.net where all shall be revealed.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 12:43 PM

Thanks for a wonderful day, Selwyn. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves very much and look forward to the day that we meet again.

I cannot believe that my trip is nearly complete! We will get an early start tomorrow and it's off to Djuma Vuyatela for our three night stay and then home!

We do look forward to returning home but at the same time I could easily spend two more weeks in South Africa without any hesitation!

This trip has only reinforced our desire to oneday become at least seasonal Capetonians.

Thank you for the picture of my wife and I. That photograph, alone, is enough to motivate me to shun the internet and start training for the NYC Marathon which I will be running on November 02nd this year. Unfortunately, spending 100+ hours planning the perfect African holiday doesn't do as much for ones health as training 100+ hours for a marathon!

Good luck on your own marathon training!

Thanks again for the wonderful day that we all spent together yesterday and I look forward to writing a comprehensive report of the entire trip upon my return.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:49 PM

Funny, Rocco looks exactly as I had pictured him.

Glad you are having a good trip, Rocco.

I'll look forward to seeing your report when we get back from our month long European trip.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 03:49 AM
sandi

Everything has it's season - a time to plan for Africa and a time to plan for Marathon.

I'll be one of those New Yorkers cheering from the sidelines along First Avenue (as I do every year) - up near East 88th Street. Once you make your plans, if you like you can email and maybe we can get together to share Africa stories and photos.

Scaredtodeath & I can possible stake out a good spot "to bend our elbows" while you keep bending those knees on your way to the finish line.

Looking forward to your "Tales from Africa" report.

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 09:48 AM

I agree with Waverly! Rocco looks exactly as I imagined! Thanks for the post Selwyn, how fun!! We can't wait to meet up with you as well (lord, with all the help you have been I at least owe you a few drinks!!)

Rocco, I share your problem - too much time online, too little running. However my problem is that I start to disappear! At 5'6" and 112, I need all the muscle I can get (she says while eating a huge steak and a drinking a great glass of Caymus Cab!). Here's to your trip report!!!!

Happy trails!

Melissa
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Surfer

I thought he was a marathon type! At least he's not on the wine, but given SA's excellent wines, I have to ask why not!