Search

Sequel to "The White Masai"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sequel to "The White Masai"

Having read the book "The White Masai" and thoroughly enjoyed it, I am now looking for the sequel "Back to Africa" and Corinne Hofmann's third book "Reunion in Barsaloi". I know they have been translated from German into English and can only find the German version of the "Reunion in Barsaloi". I have done a bit of research on the Internet but can't seem to locate these books. I have also been to a few bookstores here in South Africa and no one has them in stock. If anyone is able to offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:05 AM

Teejay,
I don’t think they’re available in English – yet.
Here:
http://www.massai.ch/en/Uebersetzungen.asp
it looks like the third book will be published before the second. The second one wasn’t that interesting. I haven’t read the third, but as it’s written after Corinne returned to Kenya to visit Lketinga and the rest of the family it’s probably more interesting.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Nyamera
Thank you for the info. I am on the last book [no: 6] of the series by Alexander McCall Smith - No: 1 Ladies Detective Agency and looking for something else to read. Will have a look around. Thanks again.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:05 PM

Teejay,
I’ve got heaps of incredible books that I never get the time to read and even more that I’ve read. If South Africa wasn’t so far away I could lend you some. Have you read The Worlds of a Maasai Warrior by Tepilit ole Saitoti?
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Nyamera
I have just read an excerpt from the book on the internet and it looks fantastic, will have to get this one. Thank you for your recommendation.