Reload this Page >

Recommendations for the Golan - Israel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Lori

Looking for recommendations on places to stay, things to see in the Golan area of Israel. <BR>Husband and I are planning to go at the end of April. Also, any comments on whether or not this a good time or is summer better for flora, etc? <BR> <BR>Anyone stayed at Hermon Heights resort?

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Judy

We've never stayed in the Golan, but I can heartily recommend Vered Hagalil in the Galilee in Korazim which is fairly close to the Golan. Their website is www.veredhagalil.co.il. <BR>Places worth seeing in the Golan (in my opinion) include Gamla and Nimrod Castle. We also enjoyed the small doll museum in Katzrin. I recommend buying the books of Aviva Bar-Am, Guide to the Golan Heights and EasyWalks in Israel. She lists a number of off the beaten track places, including wildflower sites, waterfalls, etc. The website is: www.israeltravels.com/golan2.htm. <BR> <BR>I think the end of April would be lovely time to go. No rain, temperate weather, and still green. Also, if you're going anywhere other than the Golan, it can get pretty hot in the summer!!! <BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Lisa

Don't miss Tsvat (there are various spellings.) It is a a beautiful village with an artist's colony and lovely views. Very orthodox,so don't go there on a Saturday. Everything will be closed. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:25 AM
lee

We stayed at Ramot a kibbutz with a guest house in 1986. Would recommend it. They organised activity outings eg to Gamle and a river hike which was a bonus.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 12:11 AM
Lori

Thanks for the help!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 06:15 AM
Ada

Lori, <BR> <BR>I hope it is not too late! <BR>On Mount Hermon, Howard Johnson in <BR>Neve Ativ - beautiful location. <BR>There are also a lot of B+B on the Golan Heights. <BR> <BR>Have a nice trip. <BR> <BR>Ada