Search

Safari & Coastal Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 08:57 PM
Cheryl

Safari & Coastal Vacation

We are planning a combo trip to Kenya/Egypt in 2000. Is February or August better for weather, animals, etc ? Also would like to spend some time in coastal area or island in Indian Ocean. Welcome suggestions or comments regarding possible destinations. Is it better to start or end with Egypt ? Comments on United Touring Co versus Big Five as both offer similiar itinerary. Thanks for the help !

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 05:46 AM
Myriam

I would definitely go in February since August is very hot in Egypt and might be very wet in Kenya. <BR>We have been to both Egypt and Kenya: Egypt for a 1 week cruise on the Nile ; Kenya for a 1 week safari and 1 week at Diani Beach in the Mombasa area. <BR>Our Kenya vacation is -upto now- the most beautiful we have ever had, as well for the wildlife, the wonderful people, the breathtaking beach.... <BR>I would start in Egypt with all the cultural highlights, then fly to Kenya for the safari and end up at the beach. <BR>Have fun!

Old Mar 3rd, 1999, 08:44 PM
Suzie

<BR>Kenya is unlikely to be wet in August-Aug is quite definitely into the dry season. the temperatures are meant to be warm in the day with cool/cold nights but not very hot like they are in the middle of summer (Dec, Jan, Feb). It's when I'm planning to go Kenya/Tanzania

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 01:00 PM
Shirl

We went to Kenya last Aug. In fact, we left for Nairobi the day of the embassy bombing! We stayed at the Mount Kenya Safari Club, Sweetwaters Tented Camp, and the Mara Safari Club. It was a wonderful time to see all the animals! It never got too hot; in fact, I only wore shorts once. Nights were very cool--they put hot water bottles in our beds. I would recommend thermal underwear to sleep in. Days were pleasant with temperatures in the 70's. <BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 1999, 01:33 AM
Corinna

Hi there <BR> <BR>Why not visit South Africa for a true african experience. There are a range of fantastic big 5 safari lodges to suit all budget requirements and then also do not forget about the magical Mozambiquan islands where the coral reefs are still in prestine condition. <BR> <BR>Feel free to contact me for more information. <BR> <BR>Looking forward to hearing from you. <BR> <BR>Corinna

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 03:30 PM
Robert J. O'Brien

What is the time difference between Kenya and Washington? <BR> <BR>robert O'Brien <BR>[email protected]