Search

East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya

Hello,
I will be travelling to East Africa in January 2015 and since the visa requirements have changed since my last visit in the region, i am a bit lost. My itinerary will go as follows: departing from Canada to Kenya-Uganda-Rwanda-Uganda-Kenya(i am doing everything by bus) returning to Canada. I was thinking of getting an East African Visa but i have read a lot of confusing information. First of all, do i need to get this visa online before getting there? I went on the eCitizen platform to get start a visa application but the only visas you can register for are (1) Single Entry Kenyan Visa, (2) Transit Visa and (3) Diplomatic Visa. You cannot register for the East African Visa on this platform. Where can i apply for this online? Or can i still buy this visa upon entry in Kenya unlike the regular single entry tourist visa)?

Also, if i do get the East African Visa, does this visa allow me to enter twice in both Kenya and Uganda (since i am arriving and leaving east africa from kenya and also since i am travelling around by bus, i need to reenter uganda before i get back to Kenya)?

I hope this is clear! I am leaving on the 30th of december 2015 and will be applying no later than the 24th of November (just in case there was an issue i want wiggle room). Thank you!!
Old Nov 15th, 2015, 07:44 AM

Given that you are Canadian, I would suggest that you get in touch with Reservations Africa in Victoria. They are well informed regarding East African/Kenyan visas and will offer you excellent advice/assistance. They have a 1-800 number that it given on their website. RA has assisted us with all of our trips to Africa, and the staff is excellent. I know that they are currently assisting many clients with the new Kenyan visa process. They will have the latest info.

http://reservationsafrica.com/
Old Nov 17th, 2015, 06:45 AM

Hello,

You don't have to worry about your visa. Your Kenya tourist visa will serve as your East Africa Visa. What happens, the visa of the first country of entry serves as permit to the other three states. Please note Tanzania is exceptional, you will need a visa in case you plan to there. Please go ahead to apply you Kenya visa online. Also note that in January, you may not get your visa at port of entry in Kenya. Just apply online, it will save you on time...and of no more ques ;-) Happy safari in East Africa ;-)

Regards
Old Nov 19th, 2015, 05:30 AM

Hi
just get the Kenya one it will be applicable for the other countries.
Old Dec 2nd, 2015, 10:50 PM

hello,
is very easy when travelling within east africa you acquire
east africa tourist visa which is valid for travel to rwanda,
kenya,uganda about tanzania you can get it at the border also inernational vaccination certificate of yellow fever required.for more more information visit www.kenyaidealsafaris.com