Search

Vumbura Plains

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vumbura Plains

When is Vumbura Plains scheduled to open?
Has anyone stayed there yet? Comments please.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:47 AM

It's already open. We didn't stay there on our trip (in June this year), but met several who did. Mostly it was people who couldn't get into Mombo . But they all said it was great.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 08:23 AM

Following is the section of my Mombo trip report, with the section regarding VP.

"The newest 6 paw camp for Wilderness is Vumbura Plains, which apparently has just been completely redone. Some of the guests at Mombo had just come from Vumbura Plains and they said that it was NOT ready to open. They said that there were many things that just plain weren’t finished, supplies not there, etc. They made a point of saying that there was only one salt and pepper shaker for the whole camp, like that was a big deal, and said that the food was just not up to snuff, but also reported things like their shower in their room not being finished. They reported the decor as being very different, very modern and sparse appearing, kind of an acquired taste, as it were.. The rooms apparently all have private plunge pools, etc., and the fare is supposed to be even more than Mombo. Personally, for me, I don’t think those rooms could have been nice enough to justify a fare close to Mombo. We went to Africa to see animals, not to have a resort with a plunge pool. We loved Mombo because it was deluxe and ALSO because of the game."

My Mombo trip report is at http://www.traveltalkonline.com/foru...o=&fpart=1

I just have one more section of the report to finish and I will post a note when the whole report is finished and posted, as well as our slide show. I'm hoping everything will be finally finished this weekend.
Carol
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 03:14 PM

hi carol_hill,
great trip report on mombo. reading your sightings brought back incredible memories for me (i was there in january). hope to read your report about savuti soon.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 04:31 PM

Hi. Trip report for Savuti is already posted. http://www.traveltalkonline.com/foru...o=&fpart=1