Search

Amboseli to Arusha

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amboseli to Arusha

I am staying with a friend in Amboseli and then need to get to Arusha. Does anyone know if I can do this without going through Nairobi?
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 11:09 AM
sandi

Unless you want to pay for a private transfer which is probably very expensive, Nairobi is where you can get the bus that goes to Arusha.

If I recall correctly, there is one bus in the morning leaving NBO somewhere around 9am (arriving around 12N give or take), and another maybe at 12N (arriving about 3pm give or take). The fare is USD$40 one way.

But how do you intend to get from Amboseli to NBO to connect with the bus?

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 12:29 PM

Kelly:

Also look up www.eastafricashuttles. They show 3 buses a day leaving from Nairobi for Arusha and they have to go through Namanga. Price is around $25.00 from Nairobi so would be much less from Namanga I would think.

Jan
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Kelly:

You might have your friend drive you to Namanga (less than an hour from Amboseli). If your friend does not have a vehicle, you might approach one of the Amboseli lodges to see if they have a driver who, for a fee, would be willing to drive you to Namanga. Some of the lodges have their drivers go there almost everyday to pick up staff coming in on the buses from holiday, so you might be able to go along.

Jan
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:23 PM
sandi

Kelley79 -

Jan is so right. I was hesitant to suggest you try to hitch a ride (might be construed as to "pushy&quot to Namanga or even to Arusha, but if Jan says it might work, then go for it.

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 02:14 PM

Kelley:

I forgot to ask when you would be in Amboseli (you might have posted on an earlier thread which I missed). I will be in Amboseli in August. Am staying a week at Ol Tukai Lodge. If you will be there in August please let me know the dates and perhaps I can get you that ride you need.

Jan

Jan
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice! This is great. We will probably do as you suggest. We are going to be there in mid-July, but thanks for the offer Jan.