Cell phone rental for South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 08:43 AM
Trish

Cell phone rental for South Africa

does anyone know anything about renting a cel phone to use in Cape Town. Thanks

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:56 AM
Tracy

One thing that is in abundance in SA are cellphones! You'll be able to rent one at the airport when you land - I'm assuming in Cape Town? Both the networks offer a variety of packages, including pre-paid cards which I think are very useful for tourists. These also frequently include the phone as well. Visit their websites (vodacom.co.za and mtn.co.za) for more info. <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:57 AM
tracy

One thing that is in abundance in SA are cellphones! You should be able to rent one at the airport when you land - I'm assuming in Cape Town? Both the networks offer a variety of packages, including pre-paid cards which I think are very useful for tourists. These also frequently include the phone as well. Visit their websites (vodacom.co.za and mtn.co.za) for more info. <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:58 AM
Tracy

One thing that is in abundance in SA are cellphones! You'll be able to rent one at the airport when you land - I'm assuming in Cape Town? Both the networks offer a variety of packages, including pre-paid cards which I think are very useful for tourists. These also frequently include the phone as well. Visit their websites (vodacom.co.za and mtn.co.za) for more info. <BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 08:33 AM
Celia

Trish, if you are renting a car, you can include rental of a cell phone as part of the package. We did that on our last trip. We made the arrangements here in the US, but I think you can also do it on the spot at the car rental place at the airport. <BR> <BR>I'm sorry I can't give you any idea of cost, because it was priced with the car rental.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 11:59 AM
Steve

Hi Trish <BR> <BR>We offer a free cell phone with car rental - 7000 cars depots nation wide. <BR> <BR>Drop us a line, will assist you

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 12:37 AM
james

Take your own cellphone! CPT/JNB have an excellant infrastructure - needs to be GSM compatable though. Otherwise there are stalls at all the airports where you can just pitch up and rent one.