Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Which is the best time to visit Egypt-August, September or October??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Jackie

Which is the best month to visit Egypt as far as heat, mosquitos, sandstorms, and crowds are concerned? I want to schedule a trip within the next 2 weeks and have the option of traveling in these 3 months.Any advise would be very helpful.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Charlie

Of the 3 months you mention I would select late October.August and September are 2 of the hottest months of the year.I was there last September and it was still 100+ deg.in the south(Aswan & Abu Simbel).Bugs were not a problem except at the Giza & Karnak light shows.Have fun!!

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Alice

HEAT: August you're in the frying pan, in September you're sitting mighty close to the pan and, in October, the burner has been reduced to medium heat. Winter is the best time to be in Egypt!<BR><BR>Mosquitoes: Don't know<BR><BR>Sandstorms: Occur for the most part part in the Spring. Should not be a problem at the time of year you are going. Camera equipment should ALWAYS be protected.<BR>

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 02:49 PM
x

I was in Egypt a few years ago in late Aug-early Sept. I fried - it was VERY hot (I loved it nonetheless!). As Alice said - the later the better! <BR> <BR>I was also eaten alive my mozzies and sundry insects but I usually am regardless of where I go.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Patricia

I was in Egypt in November. Literally NO mosquitoes (I got 3 bites one day. And they think I am dessert--can't get away from them). Great temperatures, high 70s and low to mid 80s. Abu Simbel was hotter than that, but that's only part of one day. We stayed at the Ramsis Hilton, right on the Nile in Cairo. We kept our sliding glass door open to our balcony at all times except when we were sleeping--night, day, whatever. No bugs at all. I would NOT go in late spring, summer, or early fall.