Search

info on South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 04:19 PM
Paul

info on South Africa

Hello, <BR>I'm looking for info on S. Afica. Beachs, night life, excursions in the bush or to the sea. What's best Cape Town, Port Elizabeth? <BR>I can supply info on other parts of the world for you.I've been all over except there.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 12:01 PM
xsaafrican

Johannesburg is the best place in SA. Its clean, safe and run by a fantastic government which is not corrupt and is dedicated to turning the city into a third world heep. Enjoy it!

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 08:51 PM
john

I havent been yet but we are planning a trip for june. The last reply may be rigth but I've been reading this message board for several months and at best people are saying visit Jo-berg for no more than a couple of days. They seem to say there is more crime than most other parts of SA and that there is more to see in Cape town, the garden route, the wine lands, or on safari. <BR>We opted for the above skipping Jo-berg not to say I wouldn't like to visit there but we decided on the above after alot of research. I suggest you start at the official SA web site http://southafrica.net/

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 09:01 PM
john

PS. your message is posted only in the africa and middle east list. Make sure you use the goto box on the upper right hand corner of the site to go to the South Africa Only section. Its more helpful. John

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 05:55 AM
xsaafrican

The nicest place to stay in Jo'burg is in one of the townships. Soweto is particularly nice. Or you could try your luck in Hillbrow. Its great for getting a truly "African" experience. Enjoy.

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 08:37 AM
vorster

I would recommend staying in the Johannesburg city centre-there are a lot of playful characters about!

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 01:26 AM
Will

Try the sites getaway.co.za and africam.com. You can plan a wonderfull holiday that will remain in your memories for a long time, but do avoid Johannesburg, it is not a tourist destination. If you are careful and do not take things for granted like in your own country, you will be quite safe. As a resident of Johannesburg I go to great lengths to NEVER visit Hillbrow!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 03:40 AM
Riche

Hi Paul <BR>Cape Town is my home city. <BR>Visit our website at <BR>www.tourism.to <BR>and write to me if tyou need information and or reservations <BR>Best wishes <BR>Riche du Plessis

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 04:00 AM
Edwin Gilham

I can only agree to an extent with the last respondent. NEVER VISIT HILLBROW unless you are extremely foolish. <BR>The areas around Johannesburg have attractions which you may visit with no problems to safety. Gold Reef City to the South is an excellent Theme Park with the most hellish rides you can think of. Go down a gold mine or to the North West about 25 kilometers out is the Botanical Gardens in a beautiful setting and then the Kromdraai Conservancy where you can do hot air ballooning - see rhino etc the list just goes on. Their website is www.valleyoftheancestors.co.za

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 10:29 AM
betinha

Be careful, we went with a private large group and only 2 of us were asked for yellow fever shots because we had been on safari in Kenya. The airport personnel was rude, corrupt, and I'll never go back.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Judith

Most of the replies are incorrect, I am from Cape Town (born and bred). I have travelled across South Africa and let me tell you it is the best experience. <BR>The only person you should correspond with is Riche ([email protected]) the rest are a bunch of Ar$@holes.