Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

i have been working in egypt ready to help.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2001, 04:40 AM
steve

hi,i would like to inform you that i have been working in egypt for4 years and i know to much about it so;if any one want to know any thing please write to me here.

Old May 15th, 2001, 02:26 AM
debbie

I'm gpong on my honeymoon over christmas break.we are a young couple and am looking forward to this trip. my soon to be husband is a major history lover! any INSIDE tips would be great!

Old May 17th, 2001, 09:47 AM
xxx

Steve, after several days of hard decision making we (my future husband) chose Egypt for our honeymoon destination. We really hope that you can help us. What is a visa?do we need one? is it safe for tourists given the proximity to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?? Vaccinations?? How many? I hope you can help us. Your help will be greatly apprecited.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:50 PM
xxxxxxxx

if you are not an egyptian citizen or of egyptian descent (paternally i believe), u need a visa to enter egypt. i think its like 15 US$ <BR> <BR>it is safe for tourists given the proximity to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.. egypt is a serious tourist-haven and the dependence of the country on tourism ensures the safety of tourists.. <BR>Vaccinations?? How many? <BR>dunno.. good luck finding out

Old May 26th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Fred

Steve, <BR> <BR>I saw your offer for information about living in Egypt. I have been offered a position in Cairo and would appreciate if you could email me some of your recommendations. <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>Fred

Old May 27th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Alan

For all Travellers to Egypt <BR>please go to Google.com and serch for Egypt Government. you will gety the official requirment for Vaccination, Visa and others <BR>thanks to all <BR>Alan

Old May 27th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Alan

Sorry for the TYPO <BR>Alan

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Richard

Steve -- I'm planning my first trip to Cairo, solo, this fall. What is the best way for a "solo" traveler to get to Luxor and the other Nile River sites below Cairo? Are there tours one can purchase, after arrival in Cairo? How long should one allow to get to Luxor and back to Cairo? I prefer to see things on "my own," and not with a tour guide and tour group. Thanks for your response and help!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 03:19 AM
Mike

Steve, How does one go from Alexandria to Shram---I see no airport or flights from there??? HELP!! <BR> <BR>Thnx

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Betty

Steve, I need your help. I plan to go to Egypt by the end of Octuber. This will be my second trip. Last year I went to Memphis, Saqqara, Cairo and Alexandria among others places. This year I would like to stay longer in Cairo. Even though Luxor is the most convenient place, my tour begins and ends in Cairo. So I would like to stay longer at Cairo in order to visit the Egyptian Museum on my own the whole day and the Islamic Art Museum and some others places (1 day). I think that it could be possible some excursions from Cairo, What do you recommend me? <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR>Betty <BR>[email protected]

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 05:36 PM
steve

hi :MIKE how are you? <BR>i am sorry there is no direct trip between ALEX. and SHARM but you can a good time to travel from ALEX. to go to CAIRO and take the flight from there to go to SHARM. <BR>for more information plz send me here

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 09:31 PM
John

Steve, <BR> <BR>Is the train reliable from Alexandria to Cairo? We are on a cruise and want to get to Cairo as quickly as possible to get to Giza. <BR> <BR>Are there guides and drives in Cairo that you recommend? Also, what is the difference in the Spanish train and the Turbine train from Alexandria to Cairo and return? <BR> <BR>Many thanks, <BR>John <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 07:34 AM
andy

We are travelling to egypt in 3 weeks time.Between the upper nile and lower nile with a 4 day stay in Cairo. Is it ok to wear shorts when travelling around in Cairo as some say it is more prudent to wear trousers even in that sort of heat?

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 04:03 PM
steve

HI HOW ARE YOU ANDY ? <BR>yes in Egypt and in Cairo you can wear the short clothes slavless as will as the shorts too <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 12:49 AM
Wan

Hi, <BR>We planned to visit Egypt this coming December. Will stay for 1 month. <BR>We are concerned over food available there. It may not suit our taste. <BR>Can we get foodstuff like rice, noodles, canned food like sardines, tuna, hotdog.......in the supermarkets there. Please advise. <BR>Thank you.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Huong

Hi Andy, I was wondering if you returned from your Egypt trip yet. We're scheduled to depart next Friday (9/21) and now with all the current disaster, my husband is very adamant about not going. What's your opinion? <BR> <BR>Steve, can you please give me your input about the current atmosphere in Egypt and if we should go as planned or delay our trip?

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 04:21 AM
kimberley

message steve:i am doing a college projet on egypt and would lke to know anything about the sites people can see and what there is to do ect.i would also like any information about where is the best place to stay the weather. Basically any information would be great. <BR>thanks alot to anyone who replys.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Viwaan

Steve,<BR>I am a female traveller who is contemplating on a trip to Egypt by myself. I will be visiting some places on my own and will most likely join a tour. So far, I am interested in starting my trip on my own in Cairo. From there, I was thinking of heading to Luxor and joining a cruise down the Nile to Aswan. From Aswan, I would catch a flight back to Cairo. I can't decide if I should visit the Siwa Oasis or Mt. Sinai and the Red Sea Coast. I was hoping to spend up to 21 days in Egypt. What would you recommend I should not miss? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:13 PM
hanan

Hi Steve,<BR><BR>I will be traveling to egypt on march 5th. I have been having a hard time deciding what american items to take as gifts. I will be seeing relatives I haven't seen in over 30 years. Do you have any suggestions as far as popular american items at this time? Thanks in advance for any input you might give.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Dina

We were in Egypt last fall, and brought a box of ball point pens in every color, as we had heard these were in demand and hard to get there. They did seem to be much appreciated small gifts. People liked postcards of hometown scenes too. Other info and many photos you might find useful are on my travelogue, if you haven't seen it: www.costumegoddess.com/travelog.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -