Search

cape town accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cape town accomodations

we will be visiting cape town for a short 2 nights (3 days) after a 4 night safari in Ulusaba and Londolozi. we are looking for an excellent hotel in cape town to add to our honeymoon itenerary. we really wanted to stay in the Ellerman House in Feb. 2005 but unfortunately, it is not available. any comparable hotels that are excellent??? please advise! thanks...
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 03:55 PM

obenr-
This is off the Capetown subject but when you arrive at Londolozi, if you want a great guide and a great tracker request Gavin and Milton.
We had them at both Tree and Bateleur Camps. They are quite a team and you should have a lot of fun with them.

Old Aug 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM

I cannot imagine a more romantic hotel than the Twelve Apostles Hotel. It is about a five minute drive outside of Camps Bay, but there are regular shuttles that go both to Camps Bay and the Waterfront. Getting back is very easily accomplished by taxi for a negligible amount.

If you have the right room, you are literally about 100 feet away from the ocean, separated by the highway. While some have said that the traffic from the highway can be a problem, I didn't experience this during my stay. Each night I enjoyed going out to my balcony late at night to just lie on the lounge chair, while enjoying the sounds of the ocean. I imagine that in February, the weather will be absolutely perfect at night to enjoy such an activity.

The Twelve Apostles has an excellent restaurant, live entertainment each late afternoon/early evening for their magnificent high tea and besides having the ocean right at its front doorstep, it also has the Twelve Apostle mountain range right at its back doorstep with mountain trails beginning right at the hotel.

In case all that is not enough, the service is excellent and the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on anyplace.

I would strongly advise you to try your best to expand Cape Town by one night, as two nights does not do it justice, especially when staying at The Twelve Aposltes, where you may not want to leave to see the rest of the city! Luxury Link has an outstanding 3 night package beginning at $845 USD. This same package if booked separately, is worth double the price.
I booked a similar type package, a 4 night package, last year through Luxury Link to stay at the Twelve Apostles.

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:33 AM

Send a lot of people to Ellerman house with great results. Sorry it's not available. In Capetown, the Cape Grace is really the only "world class" hotel. Downside is it's pretty big, but service is great.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 01:03 PM

We stayed at "Les Cascades," which was recommended by Selwyn and it was really excellent. www.lescascades.co.za. Our room had a terriffic view, the food was great, and it was very luxurious. I highly recommend it.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 10:13 AM

I second the recommendation for Twelve Apostles. Both the hotel and service were among the best we've ever experienced. If you do a search you should find more info.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:39 AM

The Welgelegen House is an excellent hotel just below Table Mtn. It made a great base for tours around the Cape - Winelands, Cape Point, Table Mtn., Robben Island, etc.

http://www.welgelegen.co.za/