Search

Vacation rental in Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacation rental in Tel Aviv

We are looking for a vacation rental in Tel Aviv, but don't know which is the best area. We want to be close to the beach; but also want to be in the lively, busy area of the city. If we could walk to restaurants and the beach that would be great. Any suggestions as to what area I should start to look in?
Thank you
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Tel Aviv is not that big a city in the east-west orientation, so many areas are close enough to walk to the beach.
Google maps is very good for Israel so always check an address that way.

Your age and intererests, when you are coming, what type of apartment (luxury vs tiny but convenient) and your budget may determine what seems best. There are several lively areas of town, including Neve Zedek and the area near the Port. These two places are at opposite ends of the north south boulevards right near the sea.
The Sheinkin street area is a little more inland and right in the middle of very busy shopping and dining areas
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

thank you. We're looking to rent a condo for a week.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM

susan300, it looks like a post was removed because of advertising or something like that. That happens here sometimes.

Any more information you can give people about some of the questions I posed, like more about you and your traveling companions? Where have you been looking for your rentals?

Have you seen anything that looks good and do you have questions about the area or what to do in Israel?
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

We are three friends traveling together. We want to be near the beach in Tel Aviv and also an area that has restaurants, etc. We would like to be able to walk to things that we might want to do at night. We plan to rent a condo for a week, then go on to other areas - Jerusalem Masada, the Dead Sea, Eiliat and a trip to Petra. In staying in Tel Aviv, we'd like to make day trips as well - Haifa, Sfad, et. Any suggestions you have would be welcomed. Thanks for answering.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM

The areas I suggested would be a good start. Why not look around and post here when you find something specific. Some of the people who answer questions live there ( I don't) and can give you even more details on specific neighborhood, and even the specific blocks.

As far as your iteinerary, you have a lot of options there too based on the time of the year (very important!) and your interests. Some people who go to the north spend time at many Christian sites near the Sea of Galilee. Or you might be interested in wineries, or archaeology or arts & crafts, or something else. Are you renting a car? That's a good idea for seeing the sight outside the major cities

I assume you have or you're looking for a hotel or rental in Jerusalem too? How much time there?

Safed/Tsfat would make a long day trip from Tel Aviv so see if you can fit in a night or 2 in Haifa or nearby and travel from there.