- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Palacio de Gobierno
Palacio de Gobierno Review
The neobaroque palace north of the Plaza de Armas is the official residence of the president. It was built on the site where Francisco Pizarro was murdered in 1541, and has undergone several reconstructions, the most recent of which was completed in 1938. The best time to visit is at noon, when you can watch soldiers in red-and-blue uniforms conduct an elaborate changing of the guard. It's not Buckingham Palace, but it's impressive. Tours are offered on Saturday at 10 and 11, but you should reserve at least a few days ahead of time.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more