- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Parque Quinta Normal
Just west of downtown is shady Parque Quinta Normal, a 75-acre park with three museums within its borders and another just across the street. This is an especially good place to take the kids. The park was created in 1841 as a place to experiment with new agricultural techniques. On weekdays it's great for quiet strolls; on weekends you'll have to maneuver around noisy families. Pack a picnic or a soccer ball and you'll fit right in.
Parque Quinta Normal at a Glance
Elsewhere in Santiago
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's