- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Set before the towering forests and snowfields of Mt. Rainier is Puyallup (pyoo-al-lup), one of western Washington's oldest towns. The Puyallup Fair attracts all of western Washington to its carnival rides, performers, produce, and animals. The annual event is held at the fairgrounds on the northwest end of town each September. The Spring Fair and Daffodil Festival (known as "The Little Puyallup") is another beloved event that takes place each April. These special events are really the only reason to make a detour to Puyallup unless you need a leg-stretch or a bite to eat on your way elsewhere. The downtown area is pleasant enough and has a few boutiques and restaurants, but doesn't have enough charm to warrant a special visit.
Puyallup at a Glance
Elsewhere in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
- Gig Harbor
- La Conner
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's