- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- all-year rooftop pool and bar
- views overlooking the High Line
- near the thriving gallery scene in Chelsea
- low beds
- bathrooms lack privacy
- some furniture is form over function
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Americano Review
This boutique property, which overlooks the High Line, captures the artistic and stylist spirit of Chelsea. Rooms are funky yet comfortable, with low-platform beds, black vinyl bean bag chairs, and vintage details like touch-tone phones. Design is interesting, but comfort is in the details: soft denim robes, iPads loaded with music, and addictive Aesop bath products. Fashionable locals flock to the year-round rooftop bar and plunge pool. Coiffed staff members are genuinely helpful, a lobby coffee shop supplies on-the-go snacks, and even room service manages to be stylish—meals arrive in bento boxes. Dining on-site is appealing: a French restaurant with Latin flair has indoor and outdoor patio seating, and there's also a rooftop grill.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more