The National Harbor sprawls across 300 acres of previously abandoned banks of the Potomac River, across from Old Town Alexandria. Although it is still in development and construction is to be expected, the location already offers world-class accommodations, dining, and water taxi tours to other hot spots on the Potomac.
National Harbor at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe