- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hermosillo, the state's on-and-off capital since 1831, is a hardworking city. Manufacturing and agriculture are its main concerns. But a few older plazas and 19th-century buildings hark back to a more gracious past. For travelers to Sonora, it's a transportation hub. Most visitors driving or flying into Sonora pass through this modern city.
Hermosillo at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's