- Zoning out at the beach Guatemala's sights assault your senses. A break at the beach town of Monterrico might be the relaxing antidote the doctor ordered.
- Pondering the mystery of the sea turtles The odds seem against Guatemala's three turtle species surviving at all, but carry on they do along this coast.
- Reeling in the big one Or brag about the one that got away. Guatemala's sportfishing industry centers on Puerto San José.
- Careening down the rapids The Pacific lowlands are home to four white-water rivers ideal for beginner or intermediate rafters.
- Building up your repertoire of Mayan ruins You've done the big ruins. Two lesser-known sites, both with considerable Mexican influence, let you delve further into Mayan history.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More