- Zoning out at the beach Guatemala's sights assault your senses. A break at the beach town of Monterrico might be the relaxing antidote the doctor ordered.
- Pondering the mystery of the sea turtles The odds seem against Guatemala's three turtle species surviving at all, but carry on they do along this coast.
- Reeling in the big one Or brag about the one that got away. Guatemala's sportfishing industry centers on Puerto San José.
- Careening down the rapids The Pacific lowlands are home to four white-water rivers ideal for beginner or intermediate rafters.
- Building up your repertoire of Mayan ruins You've done the big ruins. Two lesser-known sites, both with considerable Mexican influence, let you delve further into Mayan history.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More