- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gomier's Restaurant and Soy Centre
Gomier's Restaurant and Soy Centre Review
This is one of the best restaurants in PG—when and if it's open. It opens only if the St. Lucia-born owner, Ingnatius "Gomier" Longville, feels like cooking, and you won't know that until about the time the restaurant is supposed to open. When it is open, Gomier's does excellent vegetarian meals, from organic ingredients grown locally by the owner. It pays to go with the vegetarian dish of the day, which could be stir-fried tofu or vegan spaghetti. A fresh fish dish sometimes is available. The owner also offers cooking classes, for around BZ$100 a day.
- Address: Alejandro Vernon St., near 'Welcome to Punta Gorda' sign on Front St., Punta Gorda,
- Phone: 722/2929
- Location: Punta Gorda
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. and Mon.; unpredictable hrs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Belize - Cayo District & Placencia Experience IExplore
- Belize Family IExplore
- Belize Active - Cayo District & San Pedro — $2,399 IExplore
- Belize Family — $2,700 IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Think we have narrowed down Belize as our destination for our 10 year anniversary this October. Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more