- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gomier's Restaurant and Soy Centre
Gomier's Restaurant and Soy Centre Review
This is one of the best restaurants in Punta Gorda—when and if it's open. Posted hours don't necessarily mean anything. Gomier's opens when the friendly St. Lucia–born owner, Ingnatius "Gomier" Longville, feels like cooking. When it is open, Gomier's does excellent vegetarian meals, from organic ingredients grown locally by the owner, along with some seafood. Go with the vegetarian dish of the day, which could be stir-fried tofu or vegan spaghetti. Fresh seafood dishes, such as shrimp curry, sometimes are available. Prices are very reasonable. The owner also offers tofu making and cooking classes.
- Address: Alejandro Vernon St., behind "Welcome to Punta Gorda" sign on Front St. Punta Gorda
- Phone: 722/2929
- Location: Punta Gorda
- No credit cards.
- Closed 3 pm to 5 pm. Closed Sun. Hours can vary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hello, I follow some of the posts but have never posted anything regarding a getaway. Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more