- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gomier's Restaurant and Soy Centre
Gomier's Restaurant and Soy Centre Review
This is one of the best restaurants in Punta Gorda—when and if it's open. Posted hours don't necessarily mean anything. Gomier's opens when the friendly St. Lucia–born owner, Ingnatius "Gomier" Longville, feels like cooking. When it is open, Gomier's does excellent vegetarian meals, from organic ingredients grown locally by the owner, along with some seafood. Go with the vegetarian dish of the day, which could be stir-fried tofu or vegan spaghetti. Fresh seafood dishes, such as shrimp curry, sometimes are available. Prices are very reasonable. The owner also offers tofu making and cooking classes.
- Address: Alejandro Vernon St., behind "Welcome to Punta Gorda" sign on Front St. Punta Gorda
- Phone: 722/2929
- Location: Punta Gorda
- No credit cards.
- Closed 3 pm to 5 pm. Closed Sun. Hours can vary.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more