- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- first-class service
- beautiful half-Olympic-size indoor pool
- excellent breakfast (not included)
- fairly uninteresting views from most rooms
- expensive food and beverages
- fee for Internet use
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Divan Istanbul Review
An Istanbul institution established in 1956, the Divan has been completely rebuilt and redesigned to offer grand luxury that brings together authentic Turkish style and contemporary design elements. Be sure to check out everything from the traditional Anatolian kilims and textiles in the rooms to the spectacular flower-like chandeliers by American glass artist Robert DuGrenier in the lobby. Good-size rooms feel warm and inviting, with cozy sitting areas that have sofas and leather-topped desks. Hotel facilities, like several well-regarded restaurants and the legendary Divan Patisserie (guests can indulge in free chocolate samples in the rooms), are outstanding.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Not far from Dolmabahce Palace, the Shangri La Bosphorous, Istanbul has opened at long last.... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides i... Read more