- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stockholm Restaurant Reviews
Due to the wave of "New Nordic Cuisine," Stockholm can hold its own with just about any other major European capital. Industry investment in training, receptivity to international influence and a flair for creativity all mean that Stockholm's best chefs have stayed ahead of the game. In terms of culinary experience per krona, mid-range restaurants represent the best value for money in town. Many of the city's better restaurants now offer more set-priced tasting menus and increasing numbers of wine by the glass—making even the most expensive restaurants relatively affordable. "Regional" and "local" remain key, with chefs looking no farther than their backyards for fine, seasonal, traditional ingredients, served with a modern twist. Of course, there are also many less-expensive restaurants with traditional Swedish cooking. Among Swedish dishes, the best bets are wild game and fish, particularly salmon, and the smorgasbord buffet, which usually offers a good variety at a reasonable price. Reservations are often necessary.
Browse Stockholm Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's