- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
At a Glance
- high-tech equipment and soothing design
- central position for shopping and sightseeing
- on a busy thoroughfare
- slightly overmodern and antiseptic
Check Rates from our Partners
Mandarin Oriental Barcelona Review
With views of Gaudí's Casa Batlló, the Mandarin has quickly become a Barcelona mainstay at the hub of the city's elegant Eixample. Built into a renovated mid-20th-century town house, rooms are light and airy with layered off-white tones and clean-lined oriental minimalism. Laquered surfaces, organic shapes, and bathtubs that look like a Noguchi sculpture adorn the spaces. A rooftop rectangular pool provides a scenic place to soak in the skyline. The hotel's gourmet restaurant Moments is under the baton of Raúl Balam, son of the famous Carme Ruscalleda, while Jean Luc Figueras is the chef at the less formal Mediterranean Brasserie.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I went to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
to try to purchase 2 tickets for "Sagrada Familia with a Guide" for April 22.
Selecting 15:00h, then click "Continue".
On the next screen ( https://www.clorian.com/site/SagradaFamilia/product/11/type/1?lang=en Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more