- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Admiralteisky is the area just west of the City Center. At its center is the famous golden-yellow Admiralteistvo, or Admiralty building. This neighborhood is also home to Decembrists' Square, the site where roughly 3,000 army officers revolted on December 14, 1825. The Bronze Horseman, one of the city's most famous monuments, is located in the middle of the square—it's dedicated to Peter the Great.
Admiralteisky at a Glance
- Admiralty (Admiralteistvo)
- Senatskaya Square (Senatskaya Ploshchad)
- Siniy most (Blue Bridge)
- St. Isaac's Cathedral (Isaakievsky Sobor)
Elsewhere in St. Petersburg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's