Palais Grand-Ducal (Grand-Ducal Palace)
Palais Grand-Ducal (Grand-Ducal Palace) Review
The city's finest building dates from the 16th century. Its elaborate facade shows a distinct Spanish-Moorish influence. Formerly home to the Grand Ducal family, it is now used for business and entertaining. Official receptions are held in the festive hall on the second floor, and foreign envoys are received in the Hall of Kings. Its extensive art collection was dispersed during World War II but was returned afterward.
- Address: Rue du Marché-aux-Herbes, Luxembourg City
- Cost: €7; tickets sold only at the City Tourist Office (early booking recommended)
- Hours: mid-July–Aug., Mon.–Tues. and Thurs.–Sun.; guided tours only (in English at 3 and 4). Opening and tour hours are subject to change; check with City Tourist Office
- Location: Luxembourg City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more
I have some questions regarding a two-week itinerary in Europe in May, and what better place to ask a question than Fodor, correct?
My current work contract ends at the end of this month, Read more
· News & Features
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic ... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more