- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Le Comptoir des Tapas
Le Comptoir des Tapas Review
The owners of this compact épicerie and tapas bar in Quimper's old covered market had the novel approach of pairing delicacies from Spain and Brittany. An auspicious match, it turns out, as small plates of artisanal cured meats, like Iberico and chorizo, served à la planche with bread and spicy olive oil, pair nicely with local specialties like a velvety langoustine flan. Other plates highlight both cuisines—crispy beignets of fried John Dory or octopus served steaming hot, tiny marinated sardines from Spain or Brittany. With Spanish or French regional wines by the glass for as little as €3—and small plates starting at €4—it's a great opportunity to experiment with pairings. Ah, but this is the point, non?
- Address: Halles Saint-François, Quimper, 29000
- Phone: 02–98–98–00–81
- Hours: Tues–Thurs. 9:30–2:30 and 5–7:30; Fri., Sat. 9:30–7:30
- Location: Quimper
- Reservations not accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We are arriving in CDG and staying in an apartment for three days before heading to a gite in Burgundy
Our dilemma is how to arrange for the transportation. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more