- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Comptoir des Tapas
Le Comptoir des Tapas Review
The owners of this compact épicerie and tapas bar in Quimper's old covered market had the novel approach of pairing delicacies from Spain and Brittany. An auspicious match, it turns out, as small plates of artisanal cured meats, like Iberico and chorizo, served à la planche with bread and spicy olive oil, pair nicely with local specialties like a velvety langoustine flan. Other plates highlight both cuisines—crispy beignets of fried John Dory or octopus served steaming hot, tiny marinated sardines from Spain or Brittany. With Spanish or French regional wines by the glass for as little as €3—and small plates starting at €4—it's a great opportunity to experiment with pairings. Ah, but this is the point, non?
- Address: Halles Saint-François, Quimper, 29000
- Phone: 02–98–98–00–81
- Hours: Tues–Thurs. 9:30–2:30 and 5–7:30; Fri., Sat. 9:30–7:30
- Location: Quimper
- Reservations not accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more