- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
South of Keswick and its lake lies the valley of Borrowdale, whose varied landscape of green valley floor and surrounding crags has long been considered one of the region's most magnificent treasures. Rosthwaite, a tranquil farming village, and Seatoller, the southernmost settlement, are the two main centers (both are accessible by bus from Keswick), though they’re little more than clusters of aged buildings surrounded by glorious countryside.
Borrowdale at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Lake District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's