The island of Møn makes for a wonderful side trip from Copenhagen, especially in summer. Its main attraction is the white chalk cliffs along the coast. The local beaches are unspoiled and uncrowded. Hikers will enjoy its network of trails, bird-watchers can observe local and migrating specimens, and lovers of wild orchids will find the greatest selection in all of Denmark. Although it has fewer than 12,000 year-round inhabitants, Møn comes alive in summer, with vacationers from around Europe attracted to its holiday cottages.
Møn at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's