- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Casa de Campo
At a Glance
- excellent golf and tennis
- Beach Club by Il Circo and La Casita in the marina are on the meal plan
- beautiful renovation
- not the largest beach
- expensive food if not on an inclusive plan
- a bit too sprawling although gratis golf carts minimize this
Check Rates from our Partners
Casa de Campo Review
The country's most illustrious resort, which set the benchmark for luxury travel in the Caribbean decades ago, entered a new era with the dramatic renovation of its public spaces, rooms, and suites. Guests who have stayed here before are dazzled by the striking beauty of the new main area; its minimalist design and decor and the use of rich woods, open spaces, and neutral fabrics are set off by splashes of jewel tones from glass objets d'art. The pool complex and its popular swim-up bar have been transformed with shaded areas of natural wood and white canopies and cushions. Overlooking the pool from a new open-air terrace is the restaurant La Cana by IL Circo, the resort's second partnership with New York's Le Cirque. A state-of-the-art fitness center borders it; there are trellised platforms for yoga classes just outside on the sundeck. Room decor is by Dominican designers Patricia Reid and Myra González, the latter of whom also designed the public areas and has a more contemporary approach. Rooms are outfitted with fine European linens with intricate gold embroidery and cuddly duvets, rich mahogany, live orchids, 42-inch LCD TVs, and high-tech lighting. Each room (and villa) comes with a golf cart; there's also an efficient shuttle. Private villas are also available. Booking just a room at Casa is possible, but most guests go for one of the inclusive plans or golf packages. The Casa de Campo Spa is a pleasurable place to relax and revive, with a private water-treatment section.
- Address: Casa de Campo Resort, La Romana
- Phone: 809/523–3333; 305/856–5405; 800/877–3643
- Website: www.casadecampo.com.do
- Location: La Romana
- 173 rooms, 12 suites, 50 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, no meals, all meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more