Eastern Cuba Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The region known as Oriente has a variety of sublimely beautiful settings—from palm-lined beaches to the city of Santiago—the metaphorical seat of the Cuban soul—to the majestic Sierra Maestra. The sagas that unfolded here lent great drama to the island's history, and Cubans speak of the area with awe.
Santiago de Cuba has extraordinary lodgings, from the historic, well-situated Hotel Casa Granda to the postmodern Hotel Meliá Santiago de Cuba. Hidden in...read more
Eastern Cuba is the most laid-back part of Cuba, but it's also the least accessible to tourists. If you do get here, though, you will find small family-run...read more
Things To Do in Eastern Cuba
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Arts and Culture. Santiago, arguably Cuba's cultural capital, is the birthplace of son, a forerunner of salsa. You can catch live-music performances... Read more
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe